Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Nursing in Honduras

Using all my skills and more. This is every bit as challenging as critical care. The children that I have seen are so sick and look very forlorn. Many with asthma, poor nutrition, parasites and a variety of skin rashes. The moms seem very worn out and often depressed. Of course we can only help with the immediate problems but it is hard not to just want to fix everything. I am prone to wonder: do they have girlfriends? Do they have support form anywhere? Do they have any fun in their lives? Well I am hooked on Hombre a Hombre. I 'll be back!
Mainly doing nurse stuff, helping the docs and students and offering as much compassion as I can w/o speaking the language. Hope a smile or touch helps! Sharon Clark, RN, Reading, PA

1 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very glad to hear you have arrived safely and are already very busy helping the people. Sounds like it can be overwhelming. The blog is a great idea. Did one comment say 12" of rain? That's tremendous. I'll forward the blog site to Tom at his new email. The photo was good too. Look forward to reading of your adventures daily.

Dave & Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home