Monday, October 16, 2006

Status post 1 week.

We've been here for a week now and it seems like time has stopped. For a good 2 days I had no idea what day it was and nicely enought, it didn't seem to matter. Our days in the clinic are long, but I never get that frustrated feeling that I get from working long hours as I do at home. It must be the great people that I'm here with and for that I'm very grateful. Sometimes I think I've already learned so much in school that I can't possibly fit anymore inside my head, but then I end up in Honduras and all of a sudden there is an explosion of information that I pick up. Very cool. So getting on to the story of the blog... yesterday was Festival Day el Negrito and it was quite festive. We got all kinds of great food: Tomale's, Corn on the cob w/ salt and lime (so good), fried bannana's w/ salsa, some abnormally large sweet potatoe that was also very good, and a steady supply of ice cream from the local town store. In the midst of all this food I found myself invited to a game of soccer w/ the local girls of the town. First let it be known that it was 11am and HOT, and we were playing w/ a plastic-y ball on a basketball court which made the game quite challenging to say the least. That being said, it was an absolute blast! and I was running all over the place chasing the ball. I wanted to keep playing but even in shorts and a t-shirt I was overheating very quickly so I sadly retired to the sidelines. I'm highly impressed at the girls who were able to keep playing in jeans! Well, I feel like my blog entries are always pretty long, so I'll end it here, but there is much more to write about... so I'll be back! ~em

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home